Thursday, July 12, 2012

Colombo Court yard..newly opened boutique hotel

They opened very recently in Colombo and all the past years when I passed this location it was a torn down building and i thought to myself it is just in vain and a waste to have this building in the middle of Colombo without any use.. and after some time it turned into a beautiful serene location called "Colombo Courtyard". I am been a loyal heavy user of Google  i googled for it and found their appealing website though it misses the menu and finer details.
http://www.colombocourtyard.com/

As as usual as a foodie wanted to try out this new place and went their 3 times for the last few months. I would say its interior and exterior looked good but the food was average. It is a nice place to have a meal peacefully in the huzzle and buzzle busy Colombo. But the food was nothing special.
Once I tried Penne with Pesto, and the other day tried brown bread club sandwiches and the last day it was just an appetizer of grilled vegetables in Olive oil.



I was able to get a pic of the appetizer. The vegetables were not perfectly grilled and too much of olive oil was poured on to the dish. The veges were more or less boiled rather grilled, see the color of the green bell paper.. boiled too much or cooked in low heat for a longer time and the color is not preserved and the crunchiness was gone. So I would say the chefs need a lot of seasoning and  much care on what they cook.. Obviously I am not a chef and have not learnt on How To Cook anywhere.. (But i have been commended by my friends as a good cook)..but I can critic on the taste of food and presentation. (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment