Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yummolishes food and royal treat at CASA, A must try in Colombo

CASA Colombo has won many travelers awards consecutively for 2011, TripAdviser awards, 2012, World luxury hotel awards 2012 and many other and i never thought to try it out as it sounded as if very very expensive.
CASA Colombo is famous as a retro style luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of the busy Colombo yet in a very serene location. It is some hundreds of years old mansion which has nicely redesigned and excellent interior. (Source of all interior photos: www.casacolombo.com)




It has  a pink pool and it looks gorgeous at night with the elegant lighting. It could be the one and only pink pool in the whole world, At least I have never heard of any so far.



Imagine the sun bathing in the noon and reading your favorite book while sipping a tropical chilled orange juice on those glassy and chicy tops. Of course i am blessed with sun the 365 days and I would rather like to relax in the evening here with lights and listen to a soothing music while drinking a chilled EGB. (EGB is a original recipe since 1896 and its taste is unique and one of the best soft drinks i ever had.)



And the best part is the food. I have been here for 5 times and I have tried different dishes as I was sure that everything will be good. The appetizers they give are unique Sri Lankan style roast bread with lunu miris and Mint dip and they are so heavenly.
And the dishes come with a little presentation and at a glance when the food arrives you feel like oh my god it looks delicious, but looks small portion quantity. ( Honestly i felt so) But dig in and see,, its just that they pack the stuff nicely and it has a big quantity. So never worry from your first sight. (See what I had, Lucky that I take my camera in my bag, but forgot to adjust the date)
 The Sri Lankan style roasted bread with lunu miris and Mint sauce with scraped Coconut
 The zipped meal that preserves the hot.
 After unzipping the above, The quantity looks good right?
 Grilled meat on top of creamy mashed potatoes
Mouth watering dessert, White chocolate and divine creamy ice cream dessert with chocolate sauce. This is a must try!

I said I thought the place is expensive right. But I am been a just average person i say the place is not expensive and value for money. You can have a decent meal for 10$.

No comments:

Post a Comment